What is the project report?
With this major the project report is either a report on the results or the process of finding and resolving problem(s) within an actual company, or alternatively, a treatise in which academic research results are compiled.
The reports can be broadly broken down into the following two types:
- Problem discovery/solution format
- Academic research format (equivalent to a normal master's thesis). It is preferable for students who wish to continue on to the doctoral course to write the academic research format of report.
Although it is the point of the project report for the management of technology major in a professional graduate school that the former, the problem discovery/solution format of report to be considered equivalent, depending on the lab to which a student belongs and/or the theme s/he is grappling with, an academic research type of project may be put into practice, so an academic research type of report may also be included in a project report.
Project Report Conditions
We would like to stress the following points in terms of the conditions that must be met for the problem discovery/solution format of report.
- That its logical development is appropriate (That any claims and/or any preconditions on which claims are based are clear, that the reliability of the data collected is certain, that appropriate techniques were employed in analyzing the data, and that there are no holes in the overall framework of the argument)
- That contributions to industry, a company and/or society are apparent (That the contribution to industry, etc., can be recognized and it is not just a solution to a personal question)
- That the practical effectiveness can be recognized (That the claims and/or plans could be put into actual practice)
We would like to stress the following points in terms of the conditions that must be met for the academic research format of report.
- That its logical development is sound
- That sufficient prior research has been surveyed
- That there are new results and/or original claims
- That some academic contribution can be recognized